The Association provides an alternative platform for the coverage of the professional indemnity risks of architectural practices. As an alternative, mutual carrier of such risks the Association aims to:
- Deliver cost-effective insurance in the long-term;
- Provide Members with control over their professional indemnity insurance and promote the interests of the membership as a whole on insurance issues affecting architects;
- Maintain appropriate cover and assist Members to align their contractual liabilities with the cover provided;
- Maintain stability in the cost of cover and remain as independent of reinsurance as is appropriate;
- Improve standards in controlling and reducing risk within Member practices;
- Meet the highest standards of governance, risk management and financial practice within the Association; and
- Contribute towards the development of new talent in the architectural industry.